Solutions Data Architect
Astronomer helps organizations adopt Apache Airflow, the market’s leading open-source data workflow orchestration platform. We’re a fast-growing startup pushing forward to make Apache Airflow the open source standard for data orchestration.
As a Solutions Architect on our team, you will get a front row seat to almost all aspects of the company and help ensure that our growth is guided by strong technical alignment with the needs of our customers and users. You will grow to have a deep understanding of both Apache Airflow and Astronomer as you work with organizations ranging from seed stage startups to Fortune 50 enterprises.
You’ll be able to speak to, design and deliver solutions around data orchestration, Apache Airflow and the Astronomer platform. As a lead Data Architect on solutions projects, you will interact directly with customers and partners to understand their current architecture and needs in order to design and recommend the best possible solution. You'll be a trusted advisor and help architect solutions across all types of environments and use cases, and work with solutions engineers and customers to deliver these in production environments. Last but not least, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with the Apache Airflow project, a thriving open source community with 1000s of contributors.
Every Solutions Architect will become an Airflow expert and be a trusted advisor to organizations looking to put their data in motion.
- Work with customers and partners post-sales to ensure successful onboarding and adoption of Airflow and Astronomer.
- Perform architecture assessments and consulting to Astronomer customers in order to understand their data orchestration challenges and deliver architectural recommendations, data strategy and technology roadmaps.
- Design and drive end-to-end Airflow centric data and analytics solutions from architecture proposal through development and delivery.
- Become a subject matter expert on the competitive landscape of workflow orchestration, data ops and data engineering.
- Collaborate with your fellow Solutions Engineering team members to design, prototype, and implement data engineering solutions for internal and external use.
- Work cross functionally within Astronomer to create and maintain deep technical content for the larger Apache Airflow community
- Act as a liaison, collecting feedback from the field to relay back to the Product team
A strong candidate is:
- Experienced in performing the responsibilities of solution architecture and technology roadmap creation
- Experienced with designing and implementing data engineering pipelines in production environments
- 5+ years Experience implementing data solutions on cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experienced working various data technologies and processing frameworks beyond Airflow in the ETL/Data Warehousing/DataLake and AI/ML space.
- Experience with Data Ops concepts and tools around workflow orchestration, monitoring, version control, CI/CD and configuration management
- A strong verbal and written communicator
- Excited about Airflow and Data Orchestration and how other technologies are used successfully with Airflow
- Experienced with growth teams for technical products (Preferred, but not required)
- Willing to do some travel as needed when safe to do so (up to 50%)
- Nice to have:
- Experienced leading teams and projects in a consulting capacity
- Involvement with open source projects
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.