Senior Python Developer
Apache Airflow is an open-source Python-based task orchestrator that has seen widespread adoption among startups and enterprises alike to author, schedule, and monitor data workflows. Making Airflow better is a key goal for us at Astronomer.io: the healthier Airflow and its community is, the better we are.
We are looking for skilled engineers to join our team and help us and our existing team of committers to make Apache Airflow better for everyone, not just our customers. The right candidate will find the idea of working on a complex software exciting, will relish the idea to design, communicate and implement real-time APIs and highly-available components, and improve their performance too.
As we will feed all of our changes back to the Apache Airflow project, good communication skills are important in order to be able to evangelize your ideas to other members of the Airflow project.
- Design and implement highly-available components for Airflow.
- Help improve the performance and resiliency of Airflow
- Work on the real-time API to improve Airflow UI
- Encouraged to participate in the Airflow community (via Slack, mailing list, and GitHub).
- Help mentor other engineers on the team
- Improve code quality, test coverage and reduce test runtime
- Strong experience building back-end systems with Python.
- Experience publishing and consuming APIs.
- Experience with web frameworks like Django or Flask.
- Strong experience with highly-available, stateful systems
- Good at writing unit tests, and an appreciation for different forms of automated testing.
- Strong experience with databases such as Postgres
- Able to clearly communicate and argue points on technical grounds
- Evented/async code would be plus.
- Previous experience of Airflow is not required for this role.