Lead Platform Engineer
Astronomer helps organizations adopt Apache Airflow, an open-source data workflow orchestration platform. We run a managed SaaS offering (Astronomer Cloud), as well as a product that our customers install into their own Kubernetes cluster (Astronomer Enterprise).
We're looking for someone to join our Platform Team, which is responsible for building the core platform, which powers both our SaaS and Enterprise products.
- Architect and build solutions and new features into our GraphQL API, keeping in mind deployment ease, scalability, and task latency
- Understand the problem domain, participate in the review of end to end use cases, and take responsibility to ensure that changes satisfy the use cases
- Closely partner with product team on time to value discussions and implementation considerations
- Mentor junior engineers on the team
- Improve code quality and test coverage
- Work with cutting edge technologies such as GraphQL, Docker, Kubernetes, React, and many more.
- Strong experience with Node.js and APIs
- Strong experience with GraphQL and Apollo
- Strong experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- 5+ years of engineering experience and must have shipped products across multiple releases with customers using it in production
Bonus Points if you're familiar with:
- Apache Airflow
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.