Cloud Operations Engineer
Astronomer helps organizations adopt Apache Airflow, an open-source data workflow orchestration platform. We run a managed SaaS offering (Astronomer Cloud), as well as a product that our customers install into their own Kubernetes cluster (Astronomer Enterprise).
We're looking for infrastructure-oriented people to join our Cloud Operations Team, which is responsible for building and scaling our SaaS offering.
- Work with our team of SREs and Developers to operate our secure, highly automated runtime environment to dynamically scale for our customer needs
- Be the person to track uptime and cost metrics on a daily basis and plot against SLAs and budget
- Add metrics, alerts, and auto-remediation and auto-scaling / cleanup capabilities as needed for uptime and cost management
- Add and track security telemetry data, including management of employee access for administration and customer support
- Deploy code to production while following release management processes including canary deployments
- Participate in on-call rotation to meet our SLAs
- Follow procedures for escalations to engineering and communication of resulting status and ongoing communication with the customer
- Kubernetes Experience (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Cloud Automation Experience (Terraform, other tools)
- Cloud Networking (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Comfortable communicating with customers
Bonus Points if you're familiar with:
- Apache Airflow
- Redhat Openshift
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.